I am reminded every time I
teach a lesson in RS how aware the Lord is of the sisters in the Woodland Hills
ward. I had another topic in mind to
teach this month but it just didn’t seem to come together and as I prayed about
it and asked if there was something else I should teach the impression came
clearly that I should teach a lesson on charity. It seemed so right and fitting. Charity so coincides with some of our past
lessons – Forgiveness – how can we truly
forgive ourselves and others without charity?
My last lesson was on our divine nature and God’s love for us – the pure
love of Christ for us, his daughters. In
order to possess true charity we must come to know and understand our identity
– who we are – we are daughters of a heavenly father who loves us and we love
him. As women we must never lose sight of our divine identity and the fact that
our influence – our love- our pure love – is powerful and paramount. And charity the pure love of Christ never
faileth.
Too Many Tender Mercies to Capture
How does one capture 'how I've seen the Lord's hand in my life today' over the past 779 days? I truly could have documented 779 tender mercies and regret I haven't acknowledged - at least here - how I've seen the Lord's hand in my life each day. Especially after Doug's death. I have 3 pages of Tender Mercies following his death and how I saw the Lord's hand in my life each day. It's been an incredible year and a half. The last time I wrote was when I posted the pictures of the sunset when Doug and I were in St. George in July 2011. I do have a missionary blog however, that I started when we went on our mission. That ended shortly after he passed away. http://dkplummersplace.blogspot.com
So I'm picking up starting today. Today I'm in Park City and how I've seen His hand in my life these past few days is through clear inspiration on the lesson I'm to teach in RS this Sunday. The lesson is on charity. This is how my lesson starts:
